This Week's Restaurant and Food News
By Carissa Chesanek
August 1, 2014
From new restaurants to foodie guides, here's a look at the week's tastiest dining-and-drinking news.
- Oolite chef Kris Wessel opens a music/art bar A.I.R. (Art in Residences) today, Friday, August 1, with rotating music acts and contemporary art, plus full bar and American food. [Eater]
- We round up some of Miami's hottest spas with the best food including bento boxes served at Acqualina and pumpkin seaweed salad at Metropolitan by COMO.
- Shake Shack opens its fourth South Florida location in Orlando's Winter Park this week, serving signature frozen custards, hamburgers and fries.
- The River Seafood & Oyster Bar (pictured) plans to skip out of Brickell in 2015 and reopen inside Flagler on the River Apartment Towers. [Short Order]
- The casual Centolire Trattoria Italiana recently opened in South Miami, offering homemade pastas, hearty meat options and a vast wine selection.
- Sunset Harbour's PB Steak will close on Sunday, August 3, and possibly relocate elsewhere in downtown or the Design District. [Miami.com]
- We give you the rundown to Miami's hottest singles bars like Wood Tavern and Blackbird Ordinary.
- St. Louis chain Pi Pizzeria will open in South Beach soon, featuring an indoor/outdoor space and a menu of thin-crust, deep-dish and gluten-free options. [Miami.com]
- Daniel Tackett from Scarpetta New York takes over Timon Balloo's role as executive chef at Bocce Bar, allowing Balloo to helm SUGARCANE raw bar grill full time. [Short Order]
- We provide 6 reasons to drive to Boca Raton which include dinner at The Blue and drinks at Rebel House.