This Week's Restaurant and Food News
By Carissa Chesanek
August 8, 2014
From new restaurants to foodie guides, here's a look at the week's tastiest dining and drinking news.
- Brickell's Better Days pop-up bar hosts its grand opening party tonight, August 8, with an open bar and free pool access starting at 8 PM. [Short Order]
- We round up some of the best brew offerings at Miami's top restaurants, including Kush Wynwood and Batch Gastropub.
- Prost Wurstgrill & Bierhouse (pictured) is closed after being opened for only a month, but might reopen. [Short Order]
- Boulan Hotel's Adore Nightclub is set to close after investors KNR Hospitality (Wall Lounge, The Dutch) decided not to take over. [Eater]
- Chef Michelle Bernstein's soon-to-open restaurant inside the Thompson Miami Beach has an official name, Seagrape, and is slated to open late fall. [Miami.com]
- We serve up the best steakhouse sides the city has to offer, including lobster mac & cheese at Meat Market and onion rings at Wolfgang's Steakhouse.
- Chef Michelle Bernstein tells us her favorite Miami go-to's including brunch at Michael's Genuine and cocktails at The Broken Shaker.
- The guys behind Zuma plan to open a Brickell outpost of the London-based Japanese-Peruvian concept, Coya, in the near future. [Miami.com]
- Concrete Beach Brewery is slated to open soon in Wynwood with music, poetry readings, lectures and tastings. [Short Order]
- We roll out the best foodie day trips in South Florida, which include Schnebly Winery and Knaus Berry Farm.