This Week's Top Miami Restaurant and Food News
By Carissa Chesanek
April 18, 2014
From new restaurants popping up, to ultimate foodie guides, here's a look at the week's tastiest dining-and-drinking news.
- We brought you eight of the most decadent desserts found in Miami which includes the massive Chocolate Indulgence at Barton G. - The Restaurant.
- Kush Wynwood recently opened its cozy space and we gave you the cheat sheet to everything you need to know about it, including its brownie served with a "kushy" accompaniment: a small plastic baggie of "greens."
- After 37 years, South Beach's staple 24-hour David's Cafe will close its doors on April 20. [Short Order]
- Brickell's Tobacco Road is moving from its original historic location to "the triangle building on the edge of the parking lot" at 69 SW Seventh Street." [Curbed.com]
- Redbar in Brickell revamped its interior and recently reopened this week showing off a more vintage, speakeasy-style vibe. [Short Order]
- We served you Miami's must-try hot dogs to try including Dogma Grill's Tropicale and Pincho Factory's Cartel Dog.
- Chef Diego Oka chats about his new venture La Mar by Gaston Acurio, the ingredient he finds too stinky to use and why he got thrown out of a taxi.
- The Southeast Asian street-food-style eatery Sriracha House plans on opening its doors in South Beach on May 2.
- Coral Gable's new wine bar, Uvaggio held its grand opening this week, offering a new "tasting backwards" concept. [Short Order]
- Pinecrest's Chill-N plans to open its second outpost in Aventura this May, featuring its popular "flash-freeze liquid nitrogen" ice cream. [Short Order]