5 Things You Need to Know: Cupcake ATM at Sprinkles
By Anne Roderique Jones
August 28, 2013
As you may have heard, the famous bakery Sprinkles is opening a cupcake ATM (and ice cream shop) on the Upper East Side in the coming weeks - and we’re kind of freaking out! But, here's the important question: what does this mean for you? Here are five things you need to know about the one-stop cupcake dispensary.
1. The ATM started when Sprinkles founder Candice Nelson was pregnant, craving a cupcake and realized that she couldn't get her dark chocolate variety in the middle of the night.
2. As New Yorkers, we’re typically the first to get everything - from Shake Shack to Top Shop - but not this time. Don’t go bragging about this contraption to your LA, Dallas (pictured) or Chicago friends.
3. The store is open and sells the same cupcakes you’ll see at the ATM (stocked twice-daily), yet people still line up to swipe their card to use this novel machine.
4. In LA and Chicago, the cupcake ATM dispenses dog-friendly cupcakes, so you can bring your pup along with you for a biscuit cupcake with yogurt icing.
5. The ATM is open 24-hours a day - and takes plastic. We’re not saying they taste better at 4 AM…actually, yes we are.