Your daily feed of DC food tidbits
- 701 Restaurant has announced that Benjamin Lambert will take over the kitchen as executive chef. Lambert most recently headed the kitchen at Goodstone Inn & Restaurant in Middleburg, VA and Artifact Coffee in Baltimore. Former 701 executive chef Tony Conte will now focus solely on his kitchen at its sister restaurant, The Oval Room.
- Teddy & the Bully Bar has appointed Marissa Scarna as chef de cuisine. The Mexico City-born chef previously worked at Oyamel, and Eater DC reports that she plans to introduce daily “campfire” specials like prime rib and roast chicken.
- Prince of Petworth has an early report of Press Organic Juice and Coffee Bar coming to 14th and R streets, under BodySmith Gym.
- Rí Rá Georgetown is flying in bands from Ireland for a live-music series throughout February. The bands will perform from 9:30 PM-12:30 AM Tuesdays through Thursdays and 10:30 PM-1:30 AM Fridays and Saturdays. The lineup includes performances by The Black Donnellys this week; The Cray & Dempsey Experience February 11-15; and The American Diddle Idols February 18-22.
- The Washington Post reports that Amsterdam Falafelshop is planning world domination, first with a 14th Street outpost to open in March, and then with a L’Enfant Plaza spot later this year. The report also says there are plans for other locations - in this area as well as in other states - over the next few years.