Your daily roundup of Philly food tidbits
• Ahoy, is that $1 tacos we see through the melting snow? Fishtown taqueria Loco Pez has deemed today dollar taco day (apparently its very rare for a Monday), so head out to the five point intersection at Susquehanna and Cedar to take advantage.
• The snow won’t be melting for long, but you can combat that unfortunate weather fact with bottomless bowls of chowder at Doc Magrogan’s Oyster House. From now through February 2, $10 will bring you as much New England clam, Maryland crab or salmon and dill chowder as you need to warm your insides. The deal is good at both the University City and West Chester locations.
• Conshohocken Brewing is getting closer to a launch date, and the forthcoming microbrewery just received its first shipment of hops. A “single hop” series is planned, and brewers are turning to social media to help decide which strain to use. Comment here; whichever hop variety gets the most mentions will get to lead off the series.
• Black ‘N Brew is celebrating seven years in business on East Passyunk, and Passyunk Post brings the news that as of right, now, the cafe has added BYO to its menu. Though it’s only open through 5 PM, you’re now welcome to bring a bottle with you when you head over for your all-day brunch platter.
• Not entirely sure that this world really needs vodka on tap, but looks like we’re getting it anyway. The Philly area rep for Tito’s vodka tweeted a photo of a new tap handle for the Texas-based liquor. No word on where you’ll be able to find it... yet.