Deals & Events
5 Tips for Parkside's Happy HourBy Megan Giller | June 11, 2014 By Megan Giller | June 11, 2014
1. Come early. Parkside’s happy hour lasts from 5-6:30 PM daily, and it’s one of the most popular in town. That leads us to…
2. It’s going to be crowded. Shed any notion of personal space and embrace the bustling atmosphere, along with the occasional elbow. Perfect time to practice the art of bar-seat snatching.
3. Go for oysters. The platter is $16 (instead of the usual $32), and these are some of the freshest around.
4. Share with friends. The entire bar menu is half price, which means you can afford to house the ceviche, fried okra, cheeseburger and grilled bar steak with fries yourself. We don't recommend it.
5. Craft cocktails are where it’s at. Yes, beers are half price, but don’t choke down a Miller Light when you could sip summery drinks like the Elder Smokey (Wahaka mezcal, St. Germain, grapefruit, spiced salt) or the Garden (Tyku Soju, jasmine, orange blossom water, lavender, lemon).