Pantry's Root Vegetable Succotash With Sweet Potato Mash and Marshmallow Crust
- 2 tbs. of butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 12 oz. of broad beans, defrosted if previously frozen or peas
- 12 oz. of sweet corn, defrosted if previously frozen
- 8 oz. of soy beans (if desired)
- 2 tbs. of chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and carrots. Sauté the mixture, stirring often, until the carrots begin to soften slightly (about 5 minutes).
- Add the broad beans, corn and soy beans (if using), and sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and cover the pan and leave for 2 minutes. Add the parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
Ingredients: Sweet Potato Mash
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 quart of cream
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes, and place them in medium-sized saucepan; add the cream and butter.
- Bring the potato, cream and butter mixture to a boil, and reduce to a simmer until the sweet potatoes are cooked to fork tender (20-25 minutes). Once cooked, remove from heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the potatoes and add them to a blender - reserving the cream and butter mixture. Blend the potatoes to “mash” them. Slowly and carefully add in the cream and butter mixture until the desired consistency is reached. Add salt and pepper to taste.
In a medium-size ceramic roasting pan, add the vegetable succotash, and cover it evenly with the sweet potato mash. Top with marshmallows and bake for 10 minutes in a 325°F oven, or until marshmallows are golden brown and lightly toasted.