7 World Cup Viewing Parties
The World Cup is about to descend on Miami, so it's important to have a killer lineup of viewing parties with all the essentials: flat-screens, ample seating, specialty drinks and global cuisine. Here are seven places to celebrate the games.
1. The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort offers fans two spots to watch: sitting along the swanky bar (June 12-July 3) or inside Atlántico (July 4-13). Both locations offer guests à la carte dishes, including cheese puffs stuffed with sausage and Picanha steak sliders with chimichurri, along with specialty beer and cocktails such as Chipotle Passion (Chipotle vodka and passionfruit purée).
2. Head to South Beach's Tongue & Cheek this Thursday, June 12, starting at 5 PM for the kickoff party, featuring brand-new TVs and game-day specials: $1 oysters, $2 beef cheek sliders, $4 craft brews and $20 bottomless cocktails. The deals continue for all 64 games.
3. Coral Gables' Spanish tapas restaurant Bulla Gastrobar offers a three-course prix fixe ($33 per person) during games with dishes like croquetas de jamón and grilled skirt steak with chorizo. The restaurant also created a spicy Furia Roja cocktail for the event, made with its infused tequila.
4. Perched on the 15th floor of Brickell's Viceroy, 15th & Vine Kitchen and Bar (pictured) hosts its viewing parties from June 12-26, featuring an exclusive World Cup menu of $5 specialty drinks and appetizers like the Bucnica Croatian squash cottage cheese strudel.
5. Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza's three locations (South Beach, Coral Gables and Kendall) will serve rotating cocktail choices for each game. Expect options like $5 Caipirinhas during the Brazil vs. Croatia opening match on Friday, June 12, and $5 sangria during the Spain vs. Netherlands match on Saturday, June 13.
6. Down $5 mojitos and Caipirinhas while watching inside Downtown's Pan-Latin steakhouse Toro Toro, along with 50% off all house cocktails during the first half of the game and 50% off the bar menu, including bacon burgers and smoked guacamole.
7. Starting June 12, Brickell's Toscana Divino will offer a specialty menu inspired by each country playing this year. Global sips like England's Pimm's Cup (with lemonade and mint) complement bar bites like beef empanadas from Argentina.