Five Hot Memorial Day Weekend PartiesBy Carissa Chesanek | May 23, 2014 By Carissa Chesanek | May 23, 2014
Memorial Day Weekend has officially hit Miami. If you're not planning on hiding away from the crowds, then you'll need to finalize your plans. Here are five cool parties to check out over the holiday break (including a last-minute cruise).
- Salvation Sundays launches this weekend at W Fort Lauderdale's WET pool deck - though it has a special Monday kick-off on May 26. DJ Mark Gallo will spin wild dance sets poolside while the bar features refreshers like Bacardi mango mojito pitchers. Tickets are $10 each and can be purchased here (401 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd).
- The Federal Food, Drink and Provisions hosts its Barbeque Palooza from today through Sunday, May 25. The dinner menu includes dishes like dry-rubbed St. Louis style pork ribs with creamy slaw and Southwest mac 'n' cheese made with chipotle biscuit crumbs. Happy hour will also be available during dinner service, featuring bottomless bubbles and beer ($15 for Friday-Saturday nights; $20 for Sunday). Call for reservations 305-758-9559 (5132 Biscayne Blvd).
- Fratt Boi Muzic Group & DTN South presents the Memorial Weekend Splash Down at Finnegan's River in Downtown on Sunday, May 25. The festivities start at 2 PM with drink specials, pub food and a variety of contests. Tickets are $30 and available here (401 SW Third Ave).
- Tonight, May 23, Fifty Ultra Lounge holds its Memorial Weekend Detour Beach Party starting at 10 PM on top of Brickell's Viceory hotel. The popular poolside lounge will feature an impressive roster of rotating DJs, plus specialty cocktails and impeccable views of Biscayne Bay. Free admission from 10 PM-midnight when you sign up here (485 Brickell Ave).
- Exotic Ventures Travel Group presents its 2014 Ultimate Memorial Weekend Cruise Takeover, running from 4 PM Friday through Monday, May 26. Guests will meet at Port of Miami and enjoy a quick weekend getaway to the Bahamas, with open-bar cocktail parties on ship and on food-focused beach bashes on the island. Tickets range from $539-$579 per person and can be purchased here (1015 North America Way).