This Week's Restaurant and Food News
By Carissa Chesanek
June 13, 2014
By Carissa Chesanek | June 13, 2014
From new restaurants to foodie guides, here's a look at the week's tastiest dining and drinking news.
- Bal Harbour Shops' French bistro La Goulue is slated to close soon due to a "lease dispute," and Stephen Starr might be taking over the space. [Miami.com]
- DeliverLean teams up with the Turnberry Group to present its first OnJuice juice and snack bar in the Aventura Mall, featuring daily-made cold press juices and raw vegan snacks.
- We present the 10 hottest steakhouses in South Florida, everything from sexy Prime 112 to rustic PB Steak.
- The guys behind South Beach's Foxhole and Public House are opening a new Asian barbecue joint called Drunken Dragons on Alton Road on June 17. [Eater]
- Rok:Brgr plans to open an outpost at The Village at Gulfstream this fall, with a massive interior bigger than the Fort Lauderdale original. [Sun Sentinel]
- California-based Naked Catering is coming to Miami, along with its waitstaff that caters in the buff (with glitter body paint). [Short Order]
- We give the official cheat sheet to Midtown's new Prohibition space (pictured), with its gorgeous decor and mediocre drinks.
- Fort Lauderdale's highly anticipated meatball-focused eatery, Fork & Balls, is set to open Friday, June 20, featuring a "spin on the traditional meatball in a trendy, casual atmosphere." [Eater]
- A new Asian-inspired Stephen Starr restaurant might be coming to the Biscayne Boulevard YoungArts building. [Miami.com]
- We serve up the best outdoor dining in Miami, which includes Villa Azur in South Beach and Cantina Beach in Key Biscayne.