This Week's Top Miami Restaurant and Food News
By Carissa Chesanek
May 16, 2014
By Carissa Chesanek | May 16, 2014
From new restaurants popping up, to ultimate foodie guides, here's a look at the week's tastiest dining-and-drinking news.
- Michelle Bernstein's Michy's restaurant located in the MiMo District is set to close July 28 and replaced with a brand new (currently unknown) concept. [Short Order]
- We served up the eight hottest restaurants in Key West naming must-try spots like Blue Heaven and Better Than Sex.
- The "worldwide fast food strike" struck Miami fast food workers this week. Many apparently started protesting due to getting paid low wages. [Short Order]
- We check out chef Dewey LoSasso's much talked about new spot in Sunny Isles in out Cheat Sheet to AQ by Acqualina.
- Vintro Hotel & Kitchen (pictured) is slated to open in Miami Beach this July, bringing with it a new Mediterranean restaurant called Vintro Kitchen.
- Ex Florida Cookery chef Kris Wessel plans to open his new venue Oolite Restaurant & Bar on May 30 in the old Cooper Avenue space. [Miami.com]
- We round up the best spots to eat (think Verde and Captain Jim Hanson's Seafood Market) while you're checking out the latest exhibits during Miami Museum Month.
- Our 2014 Zagat Miami Restaurants Survey is now live and we are asking for our informative, food-focused readers to help by following this link to start and in return, getting a chance to win $25 off your next qualifying Zagat Wine purchase and a free Samsung Chromebook.
- We gave you a tour around Wynwood featuring the neighborhood's hottest dining spots, art galleries and funky boutiques.