This Week's Top NYC Restaurant and Food News
Let's take a look back at some of the most notable NYC restaurant world happenings of the past five days.
- Looking for a place to drink this weekend? Check out Zagat's handy guide to the brewpubs, lounges and bars to hit up right now.
- P.J. Clarke's has escalated its campaign against Brookfield Properties. On top of a $40 million lawsuit that claims Brookfield is working to kick the restaurant out of its Battery Park City home, they're launching an online petition to rally local support. [Eater NY]
- Crumbs' expanding empire came to a halt this week when the cupcake giant closed down all 48 of its stores with no warning. But is the cupcake craze truly over? Zagat's Lesley Balla argues that the treats are here to stay, but the era of over-indulgence is waning.
- The summer of big-name closings continues: Bowlmor Lane shuttered its Greenwich Village location and Rodeo Bar is scheduled to host its final night of honky-tonk on July 26th. [Grub Street] East Village taco joint Snack Dragon will also shut down at the end of the month. [EV Grieve]
- New York City is in the midst of an octopus explosion. See which hot new restaurants have mastered this must-try ingredient.
- Reservations for Restaurant Week are now live — here are 10 tables you should book as soon as possible.