This Week's Top NYC Restaurant and Food News
By Patty Lee
July 25, 2014
By Patty Lee | July 25, 2014
Photo by: Gabi Porter
- In anticipation of our 2014 30 Under 30 NYC launch on Monday, July 28th, we're catching up with notable alumni like Do or Dine chef Justin Warner.
- The Vendy Awards revealed the finalists for 3 of its 5 categories. Favorites likes Ramen Burger and Dough are in the running for Best Market Vendor and Best Dessert, respectively. [Delish]
- Vegetables are still hot — produce-driven tastings are now trending on menus across NYC.
- New York City dive bars are having a rough year. Neighborhood hangouts Subway Inn, Ding Dong Lounge both announced this week that they're closing.
- Chef George Mendes (Aldea) plans to open a rustic Portuguese restaurant on 29th St. and Sixth Ave. [NYT]
- Become a pro at ordering off-the-menu items with our guide to 10 must-try secret dishes.
- First comes Starbucks, next comes Shake Shack? Danny Meyer's beloved burger chain is eyeing a location on Berry St. in Williamsburg. [Gothamist]