Deals & Events
Celebrity Chefs Announced for Toronto Fundraiser
One month away from the annual Chef's Challenge event, the participating lineup of chefs was confirmed and it includes some top talent.
The yearly hot ticket event, which launched in 2010, is a fundraiser for Mount Sinai Hospital raising funds for care and research in women's cancers. The event takes place at the Toronto Congress Centre on Saturday February 8th and this year's lineup includes local and international celebrity chefs:
- Giada de Laurentiis (Giada at Home)
- David Rocco (David Rocco's Dolce Vita)
- Mark McEwan (Top Chef Canada)
- Vikram Vij (Vij's Restaurant/Vij's Railway Express)
- Bal Arneson (Spice Goddess)
- John Catucci (You Gotta Eat Here)
- Grant van Gameren (Bar Isabel)
- Maggie McKeown (Donut Showdown)
Previous events have attracted international culinary celebrities such as Gordon Ramsay and Bobby Flay, and has raised over $3 million for care and research in women’s cancer at Mount Sinai Hospital. The contest encourages Canadians to register and raise funds (registration is currently active online). Each of the top 50 fundraisers earns a chance to compete on stage in a cook-off alongside this year’s superstar, Giada De Laurentiis.
Saturday Feb 8th, Toronto Congress Centre