Daily Digestif: New Chef at Jack Rose, Truckeroo Starts Tomorrow, Free Bites at Casa Luca Tonight
Your daily feed of DC food tidbits
- Jack Rose Dining Saloon in Adams Morgan has announced that newly appointed chef Russell Jones will take over the kitchen Monday and intends to launch a new menu in late April. The chef, who has cooked locally in such kitchens as Restaurant Eve, Vinoteca and the now-closed Le Paradou, will focus his menu on share plates, Southern-style bar snacks and dishes that pair well with the restaurant's beverage program.
- Truckeroo, the monthly food-truck extravaganza that sets up across from the Navy Yard Metro station, launches its season tomorrow from 11 AM-11 PM. Some of the trucks that will be on hand at Half and M streets SE tomorrow include Cajunators, DC Empanadas, Red Hook Lobster Pound, TaKorean and The Big Cheese.
- Casa Luca hosts a patio opening happy hour from 5-7 PM tonight with cocktails, rose wine and complimentary bites featuring spring ingredients (202-628-1099).
- Chef-owner Andrew Evans of The BBQ Joint in Easton, MD and Pasadena, MD will be the next local contestant on Beat Bobby Flay, which airs next Thursday at 10 PM on the Food Network. Evans first caught the attention of DC diners when he owned and operated the now-shuttered Inn at Easton.
- Red Light, the dessert and cocktail lounge on 14th Street NW, was supposed to open today but will instead soft-open starting Saturday with a limited menu and hours. The official opening is now set for April 27.