Is it us, or have there been a lot of restaurant openings and closings lately? We decided to round up the changes over the past week or so and put them all in one handy place for you:
- José Andrés’ America Eats Tavern reopened in Tysons Corner last week (Zagat DC); The Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner, 1700 Tysons Blvd.; 703-744-3999
- Tico, a Boston import by chef Michael Schow, opened over the weekend (Zagat DC); 1926 14th St. NW; 202-319-1400
- The Gryphon reopened in Dupont, ditching the sports bar concept for a “social house” feel (Washington City Paper); 1337 Connecticut Ave. NW; 202-827-8980
- Brookland’s Finest, a family-friendly neighborhood hangout, opened yesterday (Washington Post); 3126 12th St. NE; 202-636-0050
- The Crystal City location of Spike Mendelsohn’s We, The Pizza opened yesterday (Eater DC); 2100 Crystal Drive, Arlington
- Lyman’s Tavern, a laundromat turned bar on the edge of Columbia Heights, opened last week (Zagat DC); 3720 14th St. NW; 202-723-0502
- J&G Steakhouse in the W Hotel will close later this month and reopen as a new concept (Zagat DC); 515 15th St. NW; 202-661-2440
- Baltimore’s Pabu, the well-regarded Japanese Michael Mina restaurant in the Four Seasons, and coffee shop Lamill will close June 14. Lamill will reopen as a coffee shop a few days later, and the Pabu space will reopen later this summer as a new concept after an overhaul (Baltimore Sun); 725 Aliceanna St., Baltimore; 410-223-1460
- Serendipity 3 has closed in Georgetown (Washingtonian); 3150 M St. NW; 202-333-5193
- Ghana Cafe closed in Logan Circle (Prince of Petworth); 1336 14th St. NW; 202-387-3845
- Chef-owner Daniel O’Brien told the Post that he will close Seasonal Pantry next year and move to open a restaurant in Little Washington, VA (Washington Post);
In the Pipeline
- Here’s our roundup of anticipated summer openings.
- 13th St. Meats/Meats & Foods is in the process of getting its utilities and inspections squared away for a restaurant and meat shop; 247 Florida Ave. NW; 202-505-1384
- Pinstripes, a chain restaurant with bowling and bocce that opened in Georgetown earlier this year, plans to open a Rockville location in the Pike & Rose development in 2016 (Eater DC).