Deals & Events
Reserve Now for Alexandria Restaurant WeekBy Rina Rapuano | January 13, 2014 By Rina Rapuano | January 13, 2014
Alexandria’s Restaurant Week takes place this year from January 17-26, and we all know it’s best to reserve tables ASAP for this incredibly popular meal deal. The magic price for 2014 is $35, which buys either dinner for two - or one three-course meal, depending on the restaurant’s offer - at 50 restaurants. Here’s a complete list of restaurants - plus five places that are at the top of our must-try list.
1. Bastille: One of the few restaurants participating in both the Alexandria and the DC Restaurant Weeks, Bastille is sticking with the DC price point from January 13-26. A three-course lunch costs $20.14 and a three-course dinner costs $35.14. From the dinner menu, dishes will include dishes like foie gras terrine, cassoulet and coconut panna cotta. 1201 N. Royal St.; 703-519-3776
2. Cheesetique: The Del Ray institution offers a three-course lunch or dinner for two for $35 that includes one cheese board to share, two entrees and one dessert. The cheese shop and restaurant says it expects the popular items to be the Mac & Cheesetique spiked with truffle oil and topped with breadcrumbs; a vegan harvest salad with roasted squash and edamame; and the chocolate mousse. 2411 Mount Vernon Ave.; 703-706-5300
3. Grape + Bean: At this Old Town wine bar, a glass of wine is considered a course of its own. Choose an appetizer, entree and a perfectly paired wine selection for $35 per person during dinner hours, when choices like melted leek and mushroom crostini and coffee-braised short ribs with farro risotto are on offer. Just remember that this neighborhood spot is closed Sundays and Mondays. 118 S. Royal St.; 703-664-0214
4. The Grille at Morrison House: Why not turn Restaurant Week into dinner and a show? This sumptuous hotel sheds its serious Colonial vibe during dinner hours Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, when a former White House pianist plays “American songbook” tunes in the dining room. Things get really cracking on Thursdays, though, when the performance turns into a sing-along at 8 PM. Like Bastille, this spot is participating in both DC’s and Alexandria’s Restaurant Weeks, so the DC price applies ($35.14 per person for a three-course dinner) - but so does the extended period (January 13-26). 116 S. Alfred St.; 703-838-8000
5. Society Fair: Restaurant Week is a great time to try this Cathal Armstrong restaurant, which will participate in the Alexandria deal - a three-course meal for $35 per person - for dinner only. Choices will include kale salad, potato gnocchi with cauliflower, red-wine venison stew with parsnips and mashed potatoes and butternut squash ravioli with Swiss chard and mushrooms. Since it’s a bakery, dessert options will change. 277 S. Washington St.; 703-683-3247