Three Chef Change-Ups, Plus Brookland's Finest to Open Monday
Your daily feed of DC food tidbits
- It was announced earlier this week that DGS Delicatessen chef Barry Koslow planned to leave the Dupont Circle deli he helped open. Today, we learned that Koslow has taken a position as chef de cuisine for whatever dining concept will replace J&G Steakhouse at the W Washington Hotel later this summer. Koslow has also served as executive chef at Tallula/EatBar and Mendocino Grille and has spent time in such kitchens as Equinox, 2941 and the late Citronelle.
- The Washington Post’s Tom Sietsema revealed during his chat today that The Grill Room’s Jakob Esko would be moving back to Barcelona by the end of the month and that a replacement chef for the Georgetown hotel hasn’t yet been named.
- Prince of Petworth reports that Brookland’s Finest expects to open its doors Monday, and this post includes photos and menus.
- Legal Sea Foods will open a location at Reagan National Airport’s National Hall Monday. The 5,560-square-foot, 150-seat restaurant will be situated in a pre-security section of the airport near Terminal B/C and will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner (2401 Smith Blvd., Arlington; 571-551-5988).
- Et Voila! chef-owner Claudio Pirollo celebrates his 40th birthday by offering diners a complimentary glass of champagne during tomorrow’s lunch and dinner services.