Valentine’s Day Hot Spots Going FastBy Rina Rapuano | January 14, 2014 By Rina Rapuano | January 14, 2014
Ready or not, Valentine’s Day is just a month away - and it’s time to start planning. For those of you who have been putting it off, we decided to make a few phone calls to see who still has space for lovebirds.
Some - like the brand-new Iron Gate, which is one of the most romantic dining rooms in town - are already booked and compiling wait lists. But there are still plenty of places with tables available, especially if you’re willing to dine on the earlier or later sides of prime time.
As of last night, the following restaurants had space available. Hop to it if you plan to book, though - we guarantee these romantic Valentine’s Day hot spots won’t last long.
1. Cashion’s Eat Place: Offering a three-course menu for $75 per person in the dining room, $60 per solo diner at the bar. Wine pairings run $25 per person or $12 per glass (202-797-1819).
2. Co Co. Sala: Offering a five-course menu for $90 that includes Champagne and some “other little surprises” (202-347-4265).
3-4. Fiola: The restaurant only has two-tops left for 5 PM or 9 PM - even though the dishes and price for the five-course menu haven’t been set yet (202-628-2888). There is still space available at sister restaurant Casa Luca, too, which will offer a five-course menu in addition to the regular menu (202-628-1099).
5. L’Auberge Chez Francois: This romantic Great Falls spot offers its usual six-course tasting menu, which runs $70-$84 per person, and it still has a few tables left at 9:30 PM (703-759-3800).
6. Marcel’s: Offering a four-course set menu for $150 per person, with nothing but 6 PM or 9 PM slots still available (202-296-1166).
7-8. Rasika: Offering a four-course menu starting at $85, with tables available at 10:15 and later (202-637-1222). The larger Rasika West End has the same deal and still has spots available at 5:45 PM and 9:45 PM (202-466-2500).
9. Restaurant Eve: Offering a five-course tasting menu for $165 per person with optional wine pairings for $110. Diners must call the restaurant to reserve (703-706-0450).
10. Tabard Inn: Offering a four-course menu for $75, which includes champagne and a rose, plus live piano music (202-331-8528).
11. Vermilion: Offering a four-course tasting menu for $85, plus optional wine pairings for an additional $35 (703-684-9669).